Thursday, February 28, 2008

I wish I had some ruby slippers....











One of the most frightening nights of my life was the night the tornado hit Tennessee. They came right through the town that I live. We had an eventful night crouched over in the bathroom floor. Lyla Brooke slept the entire time oblivious to her surroundings. As the rain came down so did the hail and wind. I was on my knees praying to God that he would keep us safe and protect our families. I actually was a nervous wreck. Chris kept trying to calm me asking me why I was so worried. At one point he asked me if I was afraid to die. As I sat there in the bathroom thinking of those words I began to tell myself.. no I am not afraid to die. I would love to be in heaven, but I did not want to leave my sweet Lyla Brooke. The more I thought about how I was not afraid to die the more calm I became. We all trusted in God and he did keep us safe. We had quite a bit of hail damage on our cars, but I will take that any day over loosing a loved one, a home or our priceless possessions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention!

Dee-Dee said...

I am glad you guys are all ok! How scary!!