Thursday, September 20, 2007

A week with my dad.




Chris had to start back to work this week and left Lyla Brooke and me at home :( . We were both very sad because he had been home with us for three weeks. We loved spending time with him and we both cried when he had to go back to work! Fortunately my wonderful dad took the week off to stay at home and help me with Lyla Brooke. It was so wonderful to have him! He came over every morning and brought me breakfast ...with coffee of course! We would eat together and talk and then he would watch the baby while I took a shower or did my household chores. On Monday we even took a little shopping trip. He was so sweet and bought me new clothes ! I desperately needed some new cute things to wear and was so grateful for his gift to me. I must say that my parents are the most giving people that I have ever met! They love to buy presents for the 3 of us and we are so thankful for all they do. Tuesday we ran errands .. bank, post office, washed clothes and bottles nothing fun that day. Wednesday my mom took off and she and my dad watched the baby at their house all day so that I could sleep! It was wonderful. It was the first three hours that I had slept solid in a month! Lyla Brooke had fun at their house and she slept all day as well. She never does that when she is with me.. I wonder what I am doing wrong??? Today we finished my birth announcements and ate potatoes from " The Tater Shack" then he watched Lyla Brooke while I went to the tanning bed. Tomorrow we are going to post a few things on Amazon, eat lunch and enjoy our last day together. I will miss him when he goes back to work and have really enjoyed spending the week with him. I don't remember the last time I was able to just spend everyday for a week with my dad and it was so much fun!! I love my family so much !!

No comments: